At Gedcor, we are focused on our people. Our team is what drives us to greatness and we are always interested in uncovering their hidden potential. Gedcor is person-centred and open in its approach to work without sacrificing professionalism. We take pride in our employees' work ethic and ability to move Gedcor forward with their valuable contributions. Read below for some quotes from staff members regarding their experience while working at Gedcor.
“Working for the organization has been and continues to be an incredibly rewarding experience.”
“Gedcor has provided an environment in which I feel supported, trusted, and encouraged while still being called on to push my boundaries and develop new skills.”
“The work culture and environment of Gedcor is very open and supportive. You can always find help when you need it, and there is never an instance where you would be discouraged to express your thoughts.”
We are looking for people who are passionate about empowering lives through education and professional development. We embrace innovation and take pride in recruiting top talent to help us achieve our goals. If you are interested in joining our organization, please view our current openings below:
This is a work from home/offsite opportunity available for an experienced bookkeeper. Reporting to the CEO, you will be responsible for keeping financial and business transactions date up-to-date and ensuring accurate accounting records. You will also be responsible for preparing semi-monthly accounts payables and payroll. Assistance with the preparation of corporate taxes and of financial statements is also required.
- 3+ years of accounting experience.
- Post-secondary education in accounting or bookkeeping.
- Full cycle bookkeeping experience using Sage50.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage a workload within tight deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Accounts payable and recording to accounts.
- Reconcile credit card statements and receipts.
- Reconcile expenses (various accounts).
- Quarterly WorkSafeBC remittances and annual WCB reconciliation.
- Close for month-end, monthly account reconciliation, post adjusting entries.
- Prepare month-end financial statements.
- Maintain various accounting schedules and amortization schedules.
If you are interested in this role, please provide details of your compensation expectations in your cover letter when applying for this role and forward your application to email@example.com.
Gedcor Group is an organization focussed on empowering lives and driving the world forward. We are a privately held holding company based in Vancouver which currently focuses on investing in organizations involved in the higher education industry.
Our staff strive to make a difference in the organization and the successful individual should be energetic, driven, reliable, and excited to come to work and be part of a group of passionate, career-driven individuals.
Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. with a one (1) hour meal break between 12:30 p.m. - 1:30 p.m..
- Completed post secondary education.
- At least 2 years of recent administrative experience.
- English fluency (both oral and written).
- Intermediate knowledge of Google Suite products.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- High degree of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proven interpersonal skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise considerable judgement, tact, and discretion.
- Proven ability to organize and prioritize workload and handle several projects simultaneously through to completion, with minimal supervision.
- Excellent initiative and ingenuity with a strong commitment to contribute meaningfully within a team environment.
- Updating documentation including handbooks and policies.
- Coordinating couriers and mail.
- Filing of confidential documentation.
- General administrative duties.
- Planning staff events, as required.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.