At Gedcor, we are focused on our people. Our team is what drives us to greatness and we are always interested in uncovering their hidden potential. Gedcor is person-centred and open in its approach to work without sacrificing professionalism. We take pride in our employees' work ethic and ability to move Gedcor forward with their valuable contributions. Read below for some quotes from staff members regarding their experience while working at Gedcor.
“Working for the organization has been and continues to be an incredibly rewarding experience.”
“Gedcor has provided an environment in which I feel supported, trusted, and encouraged while still being called on to push my boundaries and develop new skills.”
“The work culture and environment of Gedcor is very open and supportive. You can always find help when you need it, and there is never an instance where you would be discouraged to express your thoughts.”
We are looking for people who are passionate about empowering lives through education and professional development. We embrace innovation and take pride in recruiting top talent to help us achieve our goals. If you are interested in joining our organization, please view our current openings below:
Reporting to the CEO, you will be responsible for performing financial audit investigations at our subsidiary locations and reviewing financial statements and budgets.
- At least 2 years of financial auditing experience or at least 10 years of bookkeeping experience.
- Highly self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision when required.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills for reports.
- Perform confidential audit investigations and provide reports and advice pertaining to these audits.
- Review financial statements on a quarterly basis for holding company and subsidiaries.
- Review of startup and internal budgets.
If you are interested in this role, please note your hourly pay expectations in your cover letter and send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
This is a work from home opportunity available for an experienced bookkeeper. Reporting to the CEO, you will be responsible for keeping financial and business transactions date up-to-date and ensuring accurate accounting records. You will also be responsible for preparing semi monthly accounts payables and payroll. Assistance with the preparation of corporate taxes and of financial statements is also required.
- 3+ years of bookkeeping experience.
- Full cycle bookkeeping experience using Sage50.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage a workload within tight deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Accounts payable and recording to accounts.
- Reconcile credit card statements and receipts.
- Reconcile expenses (various accounts).
- Quarterly WorkSafeBC remittances and annual WCB reconciliation.
- Close for month-end, monthly account reconciliation, post adjusting entries.
- Prepare month-end financial statements.
- Maintain various accounting schedules and amortization schedules.
If you are interested in this role, please provide details of your compensation expectations in your cover letter when applying for this role and forward your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.