At Gedcor, we are focused on our people. Our team is what drives us to greatness and we are always interested in uncovering their hidden potential. Gedcor is person-centred and open in its approach to work without sacrificing professionalism. We take pride in our employees' work ethic and ability to move Gedcor forward with their valuable contributions. Read below for some quotes from staff members regarding their experience while working at Gedcor.
“Working for the organization has been and continues to be an incredibly rewarding experience.”
“Gedcor has provided an environment in which I feel supported, trusted, and encouraged while still being called on to push my boundaries and develop new skills.”
“The work culture and environment of Gedcor is very open and supportive. You can always find help when you need it, and there is never an instance where you would be discouraged to express your thoughts.”
We are looking for people who are passionate about empowering lives through education and professional development. We embrace innovation and take pride in recruiting top talent to help us achieve our goals. If you are interested in joining our organization, please view our current openings below:
Reporting to the CEO, you will be responsible for performing financial audit investigations at our subsidiary locations and reviewing financial statements and budgets.
- At least 2 years of financial auditing experience or at least 10 years of bookkeeping experience.
- Highly self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision when required.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills for reports.
- Perform confidential audit investigations and provide reports and advice pertaining to these audits.
- Review financial statements on a quarterly basis for holding company and subsidiaries.
- Review of startup and internal budgets.
If you are interested in this role, please note your hourly pay expectations in your cover letter and send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
HR Compliance Auditor
Reporting to the Chief of Staff, the Compliance Auditor will be responsible for conducting compliance investigations at Gedcor’s subsidiary locations.
The following are dates of upcoming audits:
- April 20, 2018 (Vancouver);
- April 27, 2018 (Abbotsford);
- May 18, 2018 (Abbotsford);
- May 24, 2018 (Vancouver);
- October 19, 2018 (Vancouver);
- October 26, 2018 (Abbotsford);
- November 16, 2018 (Abbotsford);
- November 30, 2018 (Vancouver).
All audits are scheduled to start at 9:00 a.m.. Mileage is compensated to and from your home location and parking is reimbursed (where applicable). Please note that access to a vehicle is required for Abbotsford locations as they are not transit accessible.
- Completion of relevant education in Human Resources.
- 3-5 years of Human Resources experience.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Takes initiative.
- Possesses the ability to interpret and follow legislative requirements.
- Travel to subsidiary locations and conduct compliance audits using established criteria.
- Accurately record findings in the supplied spreadsheet.
- Supply findings to the Chief of Staff within the pre-established time frame.
- Depending on the location, review the following areas:
- Site safety inspection;
- HR Records;
- Payroll Records;
- Internal Policies.
When applying for the role, please state your availability in your cover letter and submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Located in the heart of downtown Vancouver, Gedcor Group takes pride in exploring and providing support for new and existing ventures, and assisting them in building a framework for success. Investing in ideas and people are the core principles of our services and operations.
This position is part-time and the Administrative Assistant will be responsible for providing administrative support to the Chief of Staff.
- At least 2 years of experience as an Administrative Assistant or in a similar role.
- Excellent command of the English language, both verbal and written.
- Computer proficient with extensive experience using Google suite products.
- Demonstrates effective organizational, multi-tasking, problem-solving and time management skills.
- Maintains a high level of accountability and attention to detail.
- Demonstrates flexibility and ability to adapt to change.
- Works well under pressure and demonstrates a sense of urgency in completing time-sensitive tasks.
- Ability to work autonomously and demonstrate initiative and good judgment.
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise.
- Assist with drafting various documents and correspondence, including letters, presentations, reports, memos, and electronic communications.
- File, sort, and record all electronic and hardcopy documents.
- Manage multiple assignments and be accountable for task completion and follow-up.
- Coordinating couriers and mail.
- Assist with scheduling appointments, meetings, and other events.
- Updating documentation as needed.
If you would like to apply for this role, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.